BCOE&M collects competition judge, steward, and participant information including name, address, phone, and email address. It also collects and associates entries for each participant based upon 2008 BJCP styles.
Participants have the option to enter their recipes or import them using BeerXML-compliant files.
Once the participant enters their brews, they can print the necessary documentation consisting of BJCP style entry forms and bottle labels. They can even pay online via PayPal if the option is enabled.
Competition organizers have a full suite of competition organization tools at their fingertips including defining tables and flights, assigning judges to tables/flights, and entering scores for each entry after judging. There is also a comprehensive set of reporting tools available including pullsheets, table cards, judge/steward sign in sheets, address labels, judging labels, competition results, etc.
- Opt for brewcompetition.com or brewcomp.com to host their competition entry site, eliminating the overhead of installing the program and configuring their web server.
- Customize their installation by setting up the entry window, detailing drop-off and mail-in locations, defining the competition's rules, displaying sponsor logos, delineating payment options, and configuring preferences.
- Enter multiple judging locations and judging dates.
- Enter multiple drop-off locations.
- Provide mapping and driving directions to judging and drop-off locations.
- Define the styles accepted based upon BJCP 2008 guidelines.
- Create custom styles and style types for judging.
- Collect participant and entry information.
- Collect judge and steward names, addresses, and email addresses.
- Collect entry fees via PayPal.
- View available judges and stewards from the participant pool.
- Designate judging tables.
- Enter scores during the competition.
- Designate BOS entries.
- Assign BOS judges.
- Assign judges and stewards to tables.
- View all entries and filter by style.
- Utilize a full suite of reports from pullsheets, to judge sign-in, to results, to address labels.
- Export entry, participant, judge and steward information to CSV or tab-delimited formats for use in programs such as Microsoft Excel and Al Folsom's Homebrew Competition Coordination Program (HCCP).
- Export judge, steward, and styles by location.
- Add/edit/delete any entry or participant,
- Add/edit/delete their own entries.
- Assign styles, judges, and stewards to particular judging locations/times.
- Designate entry fees to be:
- A per entry fee.
- One fee for a designated number of entries and a second fee for all subsequent entries.
- A flat fee for unlimited entries.
- A"members only" fee (users must enter a secret password to take advantage of it).
- Use the same installation competition after competition by archiving previous competition data with the Archive feature
- Add/edit/delete as many of their own entries as they wish.
- Print competition entry forms with pre-formatted information (participant name, style, brew name, ingredients, etc.).
- Add entries using BeerXML-compliant files (which are outputted by BrewBlogger, Beer Smith, or other brewing software packages).
- Edit their personal information.
- Change their password and/or reset their password if they've forgotten it.
- Pay for entries online (if the site Admin enables PayPal or Google Wallet payments using Website Payments).
- Indicate their preferences for judging and stewarding (location, styles, etc.).